- 8 tbsp or 115g butter
- 1 1/2 Purdys’ Dark Chocolate Bars, chopped
- 1 cup or 200g sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup or 35g flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Purdys’ Spearmint Caramels
1. Preheat the oven to 325ºF (160ºC.) Line an 8-inch square pan with a large rectangle of foil, leaving a foil overhang over the rim of the pan. Use a little butter or non-stick spray to grease the inside of the foil lining.
2. Cut the Purdys’ Spearmint Caramels into small pieces.
3. In a medium saucepan set over very low heat, melt the butter and the chocolate, stirring frequently, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Mix in the eggs, vanilla extract and Spearmint Caramel pieces.
4. Stir in the nuts, followed by the flour and salt. Scrape the batter into the lined baking pan bake for 35 minutes, or until the brownies feel just-set in the centre. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, lift the brownies out of the pan by grasping the foil overhang, then cut into squares.
Thank you to every Helping Heart who supported Variety, The Children’s Charity BC this year and purchased head Chocolatier Gary’s Dark Chocolate Salted Toffee Bar and tuned in to the Global BC telethon! Together we raised $15,014!
Enter our “Show Us Your Heart” contest on Twitter or Instagram for the chance to be 1 of 5 lucky fans to win a box of our NEW Passion Fruit Caramels!
HOW TO ENTER:
2). Tweet or Instagram a pick of your special someone making the ‘heart’ symbol with their hands using the hashtag #PurdysLove.
We’ll announce 1 winner a day for 5 days.
Good luck and have a very sweet Valentine’s Day from all of us here at Purdys Chocolatier.
P.S. Visit our online store and check out our 2014 Valentine’s Day Collection.
View the official rules here.
- 1 tbl butter
- 40g Purdys’ Dark Chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
Yields 3 crepes.
Heat butter and chocolate until melted then add the remaining ingredients, mixing until blended. Strain into to jug and let stand for 30 minutes. Consistency of batter should be like thin cream. Add a little water or milk if it appears too thick. Heat 8-inch pan on medium heat with a little oil. Pour 1/3 of batter into pan and cook for about a minute and a half. Flip crepe over and cook for an additional minute. Repeat with remainder of batter for two more crepes.
Chocolate Hazelnut Filling:
- 100g cream cheese, softened
- 2 Purdys’ Hedgehogs (regular size)
- 1 banana, sliced
Melt the Hedgehogs in microwave then blend with room-temperature cream cheese until smooth.
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen raspberries, pureed
- Whipped cream for garnish
Dark Chocolate Syrup:
- 3 Purdys’ Classic Dark Chocolate bars, chopped
- 54g or 3 1/2 tbl butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup corn oil
Gently heat dark chocolate and butter or margarine either using a microwave or double boiler until completely melted. Stir in corn oil. The chocolate syrup will last about two weeks in the refrigerator. Heat syrup slightly before each use. (Also great for other desserts and ice cream!)
Drizzle half a plate with Purdys’ Chocolate syrup. Place one crepe on the plate ensuring half the crepe lies on drizzled side, half on the other. Spread hazelnut filling on the half of the crepe plated on the chocolate drizzle, followed by sliced banana. Fold non-drizzled side of crepe over filling, and dress with raspberries and whipping cream. Drizzle entire plate with more Dark Chocolate Syrup. Enjoy your decadent treat!
When you see this sticker on your Purdys’ package, snap a photo to capture the moment and share it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #PurdysArrived and you might be selected to receive our monthly offer to get an extra something sweet from Purdys Chocolatier!
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbl corn syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Helping Hearts bar, chopped
Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, mix butter, sugar, brown sugar and corn syrup until combined. Add in egg and vanilla until blended. Fold in flour, then chopped Helping Hearts bar.
Place heaping tablespoons of dough 2″ apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Enjoy these amazing sweet and salty delights!
By Gary Mitchell, Purdys Chocolatier’s Head Chocolatier
Chocolate Tasting Class
We’re hosting Tasting Classes at our South Granville Shop in Vancouver, BC on December 17th, 6:30pm – 8:00pm!
Head Chocolatier Gary Mitchell will take you on a journey into the world of chocolate and teach you how to taste like a chocolate connoisseur.
Simply register in person with our shop staff at 2705 Granville St. in Vancouver or call 604-732-7003.
Tickets are $20
HOW TO ENTER
Enter Purdy’s Chocolatier Show Us Your Lights Contest on Twitter by doing the following:
1). Follow @purdyschocolate on Twitter
2). Tweet an image of your Christmas lights or decorations to @purdyschocolate with the following sentence:
“I want to win #PurdysChristmas”
4 lucky fans will win Purdys’ Christmas Unlimited Luxury!
Good luck everyone!
View the official rules here.